Monte Sano is a special place. Sometimes we all just need a little help from our neighbors to remain safe and comfortable in the home we love. Monte Sano Village is designed to do just to that. We are a neighbor to neighbor support organization created to help us stay connected to our community as we age by coordinating and centralizing access to necessary information and services. We also have a lot of fun together!
Monte Sano & Member Suggested
Fun Events and Activities in August
Monte Sano Village will provide transportation to any of the following events so kick back and join your friends in some summer fun! (Please provide 2 day service request for transportation)
- Monday, August 7, 6 pm, Monte Sano State Park Lodge. The Flint River Conservation Association and Alabama Extension System are having a public Rain Barrel Workshop. There is no cost for the workshop, but registration is required by August 4 for a rain barrel. Information at 256-539-3747.
- Monday, Aug. 7, Mambo Gris Gris & Big Daddy Kingfish
- Tuesday, Aug 8, 7-8:30 pm, MSV Board Meeting, Delia Siegrist's home
- Friday, Aug 11, 7:30-9:30 pm, City Lights and Stars, Mo’ Sol, Burritt Gazebo and Grounds
- Saturday, August 11-13, Perseid Meteor Shower. According to astronomers this will be the brightest shower in the recorded human history. It will light up the night sky and some of these might even be visible during the day. This meteor shower is being considered as once in a lifetime opportunity as the next meteor shower of such kind will be after 96 years.
- Wednesday, August 15, 11:30 am, Downtown Huntsville Library, GREAT AMERICAN SOLAR ECLIPSE. An informational session about the Great American Eclipse, which occurs on Aug. 21, 2017. Solar viewing glasses will be available for those who attend.
- Thursday, Aug 17, 2-4 pm, 2:00-4:00, MSV Mingle, MSUMC Youth Hall, Guest Speaker, Harvey Cotten. Watch for more details in next MSV Update.
- Tuesday, Aug 22, 7:00-8:00 pm, Huntsville Traditional Music Asso. Coffeehouse, Old Country Church, Burritt Museum
- Friday, Sept. 8, 2:00-4:00pm, MSV Book Club, Pam Patrick's home,Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
Note: Burritt Museum events and Monte Sano Club events often require entrance fees. See link or call MSV for details.
Other Regular Events on Monte Sano
MSV Cups Available at Cost
Want a great gift for yourself or a friend? These cups, given in appreciation to our devoted volunteers at the recent Volunteers Appreciation Brunch were so popular that we made a second order to make available to MSV members and friends at our cost of $4.00. Supplies are limited though so be sure to call to reserve yours before they are gone!